Five Things I Wish Someone Would Have Told Me About Having My Children Close In Age

Even though both of my children were planned, getting pregnant with my daughter when my son was only nine months old was nerve wracking. Will and Charli are 18 months and 1 day apart. Some days are stressful and make me want to curl up into a ball and cry. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Here are five things I wish someone would have told me about having my children close in age.

1. They will be best friends.

Will and Charli are best friends. They do everything together. People suggested doing one on one things with each child, but we can't without protest from them. They want to be together all the time. If they can't be together, their world comes crashing down. They are happiest in each others company and always bring out the best in each other.




2. They will be fiercely protective of each other.

I don't think my husband and I will ever have to worry about either of our children being bullied. It amazes me how protective Will and Charli already are of each other. If they think the other is in any kind of trouble, they will come to the rescue and make sure they take care of each other to the best of their ability. I know they'll never let the other one get hurt, if they can help it. And if they do get hurt, they'll be there to pick up the pieces for each other.



3. They will do whatever they can to help each other.

Whether it's helping each other with a puzzle, or helping each other off of furniture, Will and Charli always love helping each other when they can. They love walking around the house, holding hands making sure the other doesn't fall. They help each other pick up toys, fix their food and drink, and anything else that may need done. I know they'll always have each other's back.



4. They'll fight. A lot.
I can't remember the last time we went a whole day without at least three fights. They will fight over anything and everything. Their fights usually consist of pushing, tattling, and lots of screaming. There are days when I don't know how much more fighting I can take, but when they snuggle up and fall asleep at bedtime, all of the stress from the day seems to fade away.  






5. It is one of the greatest thing I've ever done.

Even with all of the fighting, screaming, and sleepless nights, having Will and Charli close in age is one of the greatest things I've ever done. I know that no matter what happens in life, they will always have a forever friend who will love them more than they love themselves. I know that they'll always be together and make sure the other is taken care of. They love each other so much and I know that will never change.






If you're thinking of having your children close in age, do it. I promise you won't regret it.






 
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To the person who saved my life

What happens when your parents leave

To the Dad Who Didn't Want Me