To the person who saved my life


When I first met you, I had no idea just how badly I needed you. I knew I needed someone, but I never expected you to be that person. I was walking around with so much darkness hanging over me. My mind was spiraling out of control and, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop it. I put on a front for everyone, but you saw past my smile. I had never felt as comfortable with anyone else as I did with you. I had so many walls up, but one by one, you knocked them all down. You made me feel so safe and so loved, and I knew I could trust you when I couldn't trust anyone else. Though it took a little while, once I started opening up to you, you listened without judgment. You never rushed our conversations or made me feel like I was a burden to you. You showed me that I was loved and that you truly cared. You gave me exactly what I needed and, unbeknownst to you, you saved my life in the process. I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for you and your unconditional love. You helped shape me into the person I am today and I truly hope I've made you proud. Having you in my life has been one of my biggest blessings and I could never thank God enough for you. You make my bad days bearable and my good days even better. I love you with my whole heart and would be lost without you. Thank you for saving me day after day and never giving up on me. Your love is my saving grace in this crazy, stressful life.


Comments

  1. And I am lucky to have you in my life. What a blessing you are to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What happens when your parents leave

Who You'd Be Today.