What happens when your parents leave

When one or both of your parents leave and abandon you, you have to live with it for the rest of your life. I never thought that it would affect every relationship I would ever have, but it did. Be it friendship or a romantic relationship, I always wonder when they'll be leaving. Because if my own parent could leave me, why would anyone else want to stay?
I, sometimes, find myself questioning my self worth. Am I good enough for anyone? Will I ever be? I mean, truly good enough. Will my friends decide one day they no longer want me around? Will my husband randomly decide he doesn't love me anymore?
Do they really love me or do they just say they do to make me feel better? Do I really make them happy or are they just putting on a front? Some say they can't imagine life without me. Is that true? Or will they suddenly decide their life will be better without me, as they walk away?
All of these feelings stem back to being left and abandoned by the one who never should have gone anywhere. Because of that, I will always fear losing the ones I love. I will always fear them leaving and never looking back. And that is one of the worst feelings I have ever felt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the person who saved my life

Who You'd Be Today.